People say I'm a siddity little rich girl because I like nice things. No! I just like the finer things in life. If I got it, why not flaunt it? There's a difference between being rich and having some money and knowing how to shop. Ignorance is bliss. Have you had your shot of "hate" this morning?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moving Too Fast?? Or Taking it ENTIRELY Too Slow?? Love at First Sight?? Or Just a Spring Fling?

I was always one to rush a relationship. I often times sit around with my bestie detailing the colors, location, and dress for my fairy tale wedding. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try and how much I hint at it-- This girl right here isn't walking down the aisle or jumping over broom sticks any time soon. The reason for this post isn't to shed light on how my boyfriend moves slower then a snail embedded in peanut butter, but to finally lay out all the confusion that most of us face in our relationships. Are we moving too fast??? Or taking things entirely too slow and getting a tad bit bored? Is your love just a flame that is going to quickly die down in the beginning summer months? Well I don't have the answers to your misconstrued love lives. But I would like to share a story that has been the reason for this post in the first place. Luckily (hopefully), this chick isn't familiar with my blog and doesn't decide to take a gander. I was attending college with this girl. She was cool, we weren't BFF's or anything like that. We talked, we lived next to each other. I moved to the city campus and she stayed behind. Again, we talked via facebook here and there, but nothing too serious. This past summer she took part in the Biggest Loser, where she met her husband to be. Ok, this is where it may get a little complicated and my opinions may be a little biased. This girl met this boy about 6-8 months ago. They fall in love, go on a weight-loss journey together, boy proposes to girl about 9 months later. Girl says yes, girl leaves school in NYC and moves to ATL and finishes with boy. Love? Lust? or Fucking Crazy??? I know I fall in love easily. But I never felt like it was real love. Me and my boyfriend have been going out for a year. We've been good friends for about 2 years before that. 3 years gives me every right to tell him I love him. Is it love at first sight? Or just plain foolishness?? Somebody PUHLEASEEE let me know. I'm not knocking them for doing what they do. But I can only imagine the criticism that was thrown at them. Well, to each its own. Congratulations to them!!! But this is definitely something to think about. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment