People say I'm a siddity little rich girl because I like nice things. No! I just like the finer things in life. If I got it, why not flaunt it? There's a difference between being rich and having some money and knowing how to shop. Ignorance is bliss. Have you had your shot of "hate" this morning?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

R.I.P VIBE Magazine

Most companies are being hit heavy with the recession. BUUUTTTT never in a million years would I think VIBE magazine was gonna get hit with the bang!! GURRRRR. It's a shame. I interned there last Fall semester and needless to say the people there are amazing!!!!!! They are all great editors and some people have been with the company for years. My biggest issue is where do they go from here??? How many hip-hop publications are extending their arms. uhmmmm NONE!!!! It's sad. It really is. Great writers are going to be struggling to find a place of employment. STARTING OVER!!! Wait, I'm confused..Does that mean The Most Mag is folding too??? But they seemed to have been struggling for a min...

But in recent years the title has fallen on hard times under its new owner, the Wicks Group, which bought it in 2006. In February, it reduced its circulation and publishing frequency, cut salaries and moved employees to a four-day workweek to save money.


They sure as hell fooled me. When I interned there everything seemed peachy. But my main concern is...Do you think this had to do with their increase of rent from rinky dink Lexington ave to Wall St....Their new offices are AMAZING!!! Equipped with a balcony which overlooks the entire water!!! I want to offer some people a shoulder to cry on..Because to VIBE, it was their life. They eat, slept and breathed that bad boy. And noww...there's nothing.

It truly is a sad week for black people. First MJ and now VIBE folding. I hope things get better.



Not for nothing-- Ya'll shoulda put Lupe on the cover like I told you..MAYBE you wouldn't be in this predicament now...Mhmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment