People say I'm a siddity little rich girl because I like nice things. No! I just like the finer things in life. If I got it, why not flaunt it? There's a difference between being rich and having some money and knowing how to shop. Ignorance is bliss. Have you had your shot of "hate" this morning?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Little Things..Make a BIG Impact

There's a saying that goes "It's the little things that matter in life". I never realized how true that saying was until now. Most girls like to be catered too. They like guys to take them out and buy them things. At the end of the day, what the hell is that REALLYYY doing for you? You got a new purse that's going to be pushed in the back of the closet in a few months. Many of you may hear me bitch and moan about how I'm so tired of the same fucking routine every day. Wake up, go to work, go home, go to sleep. But surprisingly in between those daily rituals, there are little factors that make my day run a little smoother.

We'll start with communication. Every morning when I get to work, I get a text from the same person. We have no romantic ties, he's like my brother. He checks up on me and makes sure I got to work ok, I'm feeling cool, etc. That is one thing that I would NEVER in a million years change for the world. I know what you guys are thinking..."It's just a text". It's so much more deeper to me then just a text. Someone takes the time out of their day (every single one of them) to make sure I'm good. Yes, something as small as a text can show that someone reallly cares about your existence.

Every morning when my mom wakes up, she gives me a call at work. Yes, some times that is annoying as FUCK!! But it let's me know that I'm seriously one of the first things on her mind when she wakes up. She usually has nothing to say, just wanted to know if my commute to work was ok. Nothing more, nothing less.

One of the main reasons I decided to go into detail on this topic is because last night I spent an evening with one of the most amazing people in the world. For the sake of his identity, we will call him "Ortega" (even though I'm sure just about everyone reading this blog knows exactly who I'm talking about). Ortega doesn't buy me diamonds, or take me out to expensive restaurants. To be honest, that is absolutely fine by me. I really don't care about any of that stuff. The little things that he does makes me fall in love with him over and over every single time. Ortega's main focus is TLC. Tender, Love and Care. The way he grabs my greasy ass marble nose. Or when he playfully pulls my hair. My favorite thing of all times is when he pulls my bangs from in front of my face and just looks at me. BITCH.BOO.BYE, I feel like a million bucks x 2. Last night, Ortega and I went to the movies. It seems to be that the movies is always the place where Ortega seems to be the most romantic. During the middle of the movie, he lifted the arm rest up and pulled me closer so I could lay my head on his lap. I wouldn't trade that experience and type of affection for anything in the world. Later on that night, while Ortega and I were saying our goodbyes he put his arm around my lower back and pulled me closer for a kiss. JESUS CHRIST!! When I tell you, that shit drove me W.I.L.D. He is the master of doing those "little" things. Ortega can seriously make someone feel like a queen.

All-in-all, it is true, money can't buy you happiness. Having people who REALLY care about you is what continually keeps a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment