People say I'm a siddity little rich girl because I like nice things. No! I just like the finer things in life. If I got it, why not flaunt it? There's a difference between being rich and having some money and knowing how to shop. Ignorance is bliss. Have you had your shot of "hate" this morning?

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sofrito!!!



Last night I wanted to get in touch with my "inner" Latina. After getting our hair down at a Dominican salon, we decided to check out NYC's HOTTEST Puerto Rican Restaurant Sofrito. I have heard NOTHING but good things about this restaurant. Everyone and their cousin said that this place is the bomb.com! So mother and I decided to give it a gander. We've heard about the crowd and was a little aprehensive when we pulled up to the restaurant and saw a CROWD waiting outside. We went in and the atmosphere = LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!! The music was great and the energy and ambience was even better. Despite the large crowd, we managed to squeeze our way in and asked how long the wait was. The reply? 2 fucking hours!! Maybe even longer. WE. WERE. STARVING!!!!!!! We went back outside and while mother dearest smoked a cigerette, she asked the security guard about their sister restaurant "Sazon". After a short conversation, my mom decided to start name dropping. Mother Dearest works at Chase and just so happens to know the OWNER of the restaurant. We stroll right on in, introduce ourselves to the owner. He remembers my mom, tells us to hang out by the bar, we'll be seating in 30 mins. THAT IS WHAT THE FUCK I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!! We go to the bar and get a Sofrito Mojito!! Now I was a little scared to try any other Mojito's because I am a fan of Havana Central's mojito's!! But this mojito was DELICIOUS!! It was strong as shit, but not strong nasty, good strong. By the time I downed my drink, the owner was whispering in someone's ear to go ahead and seat us. Looking at the menu, I wanted to order EVERYTHING!!! The prices were so affordable that it was UNBELIEVABLE!! We started out with the everything appetizer. While we were waiting, there were tons of Birthdays going on around us. Every time a party had a birthday, the dj would play this Puerto Rican version of Happy Birthday and the restaurant went WILD!! Shouting and screaming, I Yi Yi's, and every other Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Columbian catch phrase was yelled. SO MUCH FUN!! There were about 5 birthdays just in the time that we were eating! Our appetizer came and it was HUGE!!!! Everything on that plate was delicious. Fried pork, calamari, pork cubes, fried shrimp, bacalao. I mean DE-FUCKING-LICIOUS!!!! I decided to go with the Churrasco (hey, I wanted to do it up BIG.) And mother went ahead with the Roast Pork! When our food finally arrived, we were stuffed, but I HAD to try to this steak!! When I bit into this perfectly seasoned heaven topped with the most authentic chimmichurri I have found in NYC, I couldn't help but to take a few more bites!! Kendall's pork was HUGE!!! I mean, HUGE HUGE HUGE!! The size of my head huge!!!! She had a couple of bites as well and decided to take the rest home. The kicker of the night, is that we were sitting next to this black family who was celebrating their father's birthday! When they brought out the cake, my mom said "I am getting a piece of that". The cake was SO huge that they gave us a ginormous slice!! That was the BEST cake I have EVER experienced in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So fucking good.

Overall, we have left overs to last us two days. The food was delicious. The drinks were even better. This place definitely gets my vote over Havana Central!!

No comments:

Post a Comment