People say I'm a siddity little rich girl because I like nice things. No! I just like the finer things in life. If I got it, why not flaunt it? There's a difference between being rich and having some money and knowing how to shop. Ignorance is bliss. Have you had your shot of "hate" this morning?

Monday, June 28, 2010

BET Awards 2010.

Let me start off by saying that I'm going to post a few posts regarding the BET Awards. I usually never catch them on the first night in it's entirety, but I must say, BET did their THANG this year! Despite the hundreds of empty seats in the audience and Chris Brown's "breakdown" (will get to that in a later post)..the awards show was pretty dope, and that's coming from someone who NEVER watches BET!! Like all award shows, there was hit AND misses. And there were the moments when you got up in the middle of the performance to go take a swig of water. Either way, I'm here to give em ALL to you. The mics fucking up and the occasional lipsynching was just a few things I would like to throw out. I missed the pre-show because I had more important things to do then watch Terrance and Rocsi prance around in ultimate fuckery. Kanye?? As the opening act?!?!?! I thought that was pure genius!!!!!!!!!!The set, the song, that shit was dope! Why was everyone hating so hard on him and his comeback!? If you noticed, he kept a low profile for the entire show.

I really wasn't feeling Queen Latifah as the host of the show. But I guess anything is better than hearing Mo'Nique's loud ass scream for the segment. Maybe I'm not "seasoned" enough, but I scratched my head on some of her jokes. I was like "huh?" Favorite part of the ENTIRE show was the Swizz Beatz and Alicia kiss!! SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! Not for nothing: Alicia was the star of this show!! Gut full of human or not, miss thang thang ran that shit! Usher's performance was blander then a piece of hospital chicken. Usher, baby, you are a performer!! We want to see you dance, not sway side to side with a microphone. #fail. I was a little salty over the fact that Nicki Minaj won the award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist!!! Ok, fuck salty..I was PISSED!!! And not because I just can't stand the bitch. But how the HELL can you be the best when you're not even a legend!?!?! And her lil speech, taking sublimes at Lil Kim about being positive and what not. I wanted to slap the wig off of her when she said she is trying to pave the way for women or whatever the fuck she was saying. If that were the case she would be HERSELF!! She would have to wear cat suits that grabbed her coochie for dear life. She wouldn't have to change wigs every hour. Baby boo, you are doing this for YOU...not the little girls who "look" up to you. You get a #hoesitdown with a LARGE side of #bitchslap.

Thanks Concrete Loop for the borrowed picture ;). SOOOO happy that T.I.'s sexy ass is out and graced the stage with his presence. His song selection made me yawn, but looking at his fine ass!!! YUMMMMMMMAAYYY! I really wish he would have brought out Rihanna for "Love the Way You Lie"..But Rih Rih was too busy caking with her booski to attend the BET Awards. That is WAY below her standards. She's a Grammy baby. #justsayin

As I mentioned before, my girl AK threw DOWN!!!! She rocked the FUCK out that mic!!! I really wish BET would have shown some shots of Swizzy while she was performing. Hell, they were showing all these people who knew none of Drake's words to his song. I was SO proud of my girl last night!!! She was the bomb.com x 10!! When she climbed on that piano all I could say was "You GO Girl!!!!".

B.o.B's performance puzzled me a little. The sailor hat?? And then Keyshia Cole singing Hayley's chorus!?!?!? Keyshia, you got soul girl, but that song was NOT made for you or your voice. The icing on the cake is when Eminem came out. That man!!!! He has so much power, energy and its almost effortlessly. Like he's just doing him. Not even trying!! He doesn't need dancers or fireworks or flashy lights ::cough diddy cough::. He did his thang!! And I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say I am SO glad he is back!

One of the highlights of the show was Monica's horrid choice of clothing. Not everyone could pull off what Gaga does. And Monica, you were one of those people. You look a hot Haitian mess girl. And I'm surprised because you usually bring the heat. But last night, you barely brought the sizzle!

Everyone was super hyped for Diddy and his black angels to perform. Sorry, I was a fan of Diddy when he was rocking with Mase and Biggie? Now? Diddy is a cocky muthafucka who STILL opts for the same dance moves. I'm tired of seeing his ass do the same lil jig and two-step!!!!! The performance not only had mic problems but he was fucking up something serious with that smoke!! Then Officer Ricky decided to grace the stage with his XXXXL ass and his funky beard! I hate that song, I hate that group. #dontjudgeme. CHRIS BROWN....I'm going to make a separate post about this one. I have a lot to say. ::side-eye::. Trey Songz. MMMMMMM!!! The entire show I was a little concerned about who the hell this bitch was all over my man. Come to find out, it's his mother!!!!!! o_0. THAT is Trey's mother?!?!?! I couldn't believe it!!! Trey was BRAVE bringing her into the limelight. His moms is a BANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course you know the inappropriate comments had to start rolling in after that. Mama Songz, my b for disrespecting. I'm not mad at cha!! I was super hype that Trey performed "Your Side of the Bed" but then he foolishly went into Prince's "Purple Rain" and got a big ol' side eye "no no" from the legend himself (who was throwing a lot of those out last night!).

YESSSS MISS GIRRRLLLL!!! WEEERRKKKKKKK!!!! Prince was not phased by his tribute (and neither was I). Not only did he not perform, he was represented by all people, Janelle Monae. I don't see the talent in this girl. I understand she was hyped, but all that jumping around and James Brownin across the stage was NOT a good look!

Debarge made his little Mexicano comeback. It didn't tickle my fancy like everyone made it out to me. I moved, rocked a little, but it wasn't a banger. Not like my girl Patti who went IN on her tribute. The bish took the Loubi's off and tossed them (please believe she grabbed them after she was done). The gospel segment always bores me #godforgiveme. It has nothing to do with gospel music, it's just the fact that they always make it so dreary and slow and sad. SUPER happy that my cousin John Legend received the Humanitarian award!!! I love him to death!!!Debra's dress and tin man voice. #nobueno. J Cole got played with his 45 seconds of fame. Drakes performance was a yawner. Didn't even wait to see Ludacris or DJ Khalad. By that time, I was SO over it all. Overall, BET did a good job. I was surprised. REALLY surprised. #notmadatALL

No comments:

Post a Comment